Take part in a challenge event and help CARA raise £30,000 for 30 years!
Get your friends, family, colleagues and neighbours to sponsor you. Sponsored runs, swims, bike rides, fire walks and countless other challenge events take place all over the UK and across the world and participants are usually welcome to raise funds for any charity they choose. Why not choose CARA?
You can a list of running events here.
You can find a list of charity bike rides here.
Tips and hints for getting sponsorship
- Set a target and tell people about it. Aim high! Be proud of what you are doing - you are not asking for money for yourself but to help victims and survivors of sexual violence and child sexual abuse.
- Create a fundraising page through Virgin Money Giving and click on "Start Fundraising". Make sure your page is compelling and explains your motivation.
- Ask everyone you know to sponsor you - friends, work colleagues, family, school, neighbours - and ask them to ask their contacts too. Start early and time your donation requests - people are more likely to be generous after payday. Start high - ask close friends and family to donate first as other people may then match their generosity.
- Don’t forget to ask for Gift Aid. Gift Aid increases the value of the money you raise by allowing us to claim tax on donations.
- Spread the word through social media - Facebook, Twitter and blogs. Use lots of pictures to attract attention. Some fundraisers even prepare a video diary for YouTube.
- Let the CARA team know what you are doing so we can publicise it! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. and tell her about the challenge event you are doing.
Thank you for supporting CARA!