Organise an event and raise money for CARA's 30th Year
Involve your friends, family, work colleagues, neighbours, school, place of worship or club in an event or activity to raise money for CARA.
You can do just about anything, but the list below gives a few ideas:
Coffee mornings, barbeques, garden parties, any sort of party!
Concerts, pub quizzes, sports matches, sponsored walks.
Non-uniform and dress-down days at school or work.
Tips and hints for organising events
Check the date: Make sure that nothing else is happening locally (or even nationally like a major sporting event) that day. Consider piggy-backing another local event if appropriate or organise it to tie in with national or international awareness events - such as Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week (4th - 10th February 2019), International Women's Day (8th March) or 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence (25th November - 10th December).
- Location: Choose somewhere suitable and try to get it for free, or at a reduced price. Make sure your agreement is confirmed in writing and the venue is suitable for your event and easily accessible. Check whether you need any special equipment.
- Get a good idea or theme, and think about who you are trying to attract: Consider minimum and maximum number of guests.
- Break down the event planning into manageable actions: Develop a timetable working back from the event date.
- Get people involved in helping you and spreading the word: Make sure everybody knows what is expected of them.
- Be realistic: It might be better to start with a few smaller events which work well, rather than one large event. Have a contingency plan - for example for bad weather.
- Keep it safe and legal: You are responsible for your event. You may need to check with your local council or the police, you may need to consider first aid cover, insurance or an entertainment licence. Check fire regulations, max numbers etc.
- Tell CARA about what you are doing so we can publicise your event and support you! You can contact email@example.com
Thank you for supporting CARA!