Organise a collection and help us raise £30,000 for CARA's 30th year
You can organise a collection or a fundraising day for CARA at work, school, your place of worship of any community group you belong to.
If you would like to organise a collection for CARA, even if it is part of an event you have organised, you should consider whether you need to obtain a licence. Different collections have different rules associated with them. Some of the most common are:
- Street collections: If you are holding a collection in the street, you will need to obtain a licence from your local authority.
- Private collections: If your collection is open to the public, but being held on private property such as within a shopping centre, hired venue, rail station or private house, no licence is needed but you MUST obtain permission from the owner or manager.
- Static collection boxes: Boxes must be secure and tamper proof. You do not need a licence to place these in a shop or business, but you MUST get permission from the business owner.
- House-to-house collections: Licences must be obtained from the relevant local authority.
If you do need to obtain a charity collection licence, make sure you allow plenty of time. The time it takes to process applications varies greatly in different local authorities. In some areas licences can be obtained within a week, whilst in others it can take up to 12 weeks. And let the CARA team know if you are planning a collection by contacting email@example.com. We can provide CARA collection boxes and buckets.
The company you work for may also consider supporting CARA. You could ask them to:
- Make a donation: If you work for a company which makes donations to charities, you could suggest they consider giving to CARA. Many companies say that they prefer to support charities that have a personal connection with a member of their staff.
- Match funding: Some employers are willing to support any fundraising activities undertaken by their staff to support charities. Some will even match £1 for every £1 that you raise.
- Charity of the year: Does your organisation operate a Charity of the year scheme? If they do, please tell us how CARA could be put forward for selection by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting CARA!