Ali explains how to give yourself a hand massage
This is a good idea, particularly for those who find touch difficult or triggering. It can also be introduced so a partner or friend can massage your hands and you could massage theirs.
• Bowl of warm water with a favourite smell added (shower gel or bubble bath will do fine).
• Hand towel
• Dessert spoon of granulated sugar
• Olive oil (not extra virgin- ordinary will be fine)
• Hand cream, maybe to match the smell of the bubble bath
• Soak hands in water for 5+ minutes
• Protect your clothing with a towel
• Pour the sugar into one hand and add a generous glug of oil
• Massage the sugar and oil mix into your hands, or feet if you like, for about 5 minutes or so. Don't rub too hard; just gentle circular movements are best
• Rinse off in the water
• Massage hands with your favourite hand cream