Welcome to CARA
Glad You Found Us!
Centre for Action on Rape and Abuse is a confidential support service run by women for children and young people of both genders up to the age of 19 and adult women who have suffered any form
of sexual violence, past or present, directly or indirectly.
We provide face-to-face counselling, support and advocacy. This can include assistance to report the offence, to attend court or to access other necessary services. We have dedicated projects working
solely with children and young people and a support group for parents of child or adult victims.
At present we do not work with adult men, but their calls will be treated sympathetically and we can
provide details of other organisations that can help.
- One-to-one counselling
- Support group for parents of child or adult survivors
- Information about sexual health generally
- Support in giving a statement if you choose to report what has happened to the police
- Support through legal and medical processes
- Information about your rights
- Welfare rights and housing advice
- Signposting and/or referral to other agencies that may be able to help you